NEPEDS College of Pharmaceutical Science
CID Bus Stop , Basistha , Guwahati-28 , Assam
Affiliated to Srimanta Sankaradeva University of Health Sciences (SSUHS)
Approved By Pharmacy Council of India (PCI)
Excellence is an art gained by training and habituation. NEPEDS’ main objective is to provide the best pharmaceutical education. To do that, it lays great emphasis on gaining practical knowledge.
Under the guidance of the Principal, who is also the Chairperson of the Placement Committee, NEPEDS helps its students bridge the gap between what is taught in the classrooms, and what is required in the industry.
Every year, the Placement Committee sends students to top pharmaceutical companies in India to gain valuable industrial experience. This helps them develop skills and competencies they require to become employable.
Training and Placement Cell Activities:-
The NEPEDS Training and Placement Cell
- Offers Career Development Programme for the students who are raring to enter the corporate world, and introduces them to the prospective employers according to their aspirations and background.
- Conducts training programmes that have been formulated after a discussion with various experts from the industry as well as those with academic backgrounds.
- Inspires students to participate in co-curricular and extra-curricular activities.
- Encourages students to participate in various competition conducted by major corporate houses.
- Arranges guest lectures by eminent personalities from industry, and various walks of life to keep the students abreast of the latest happening in the industry.
- Aims to bridge the gap between industry and academia.
- Creates awareness about higher studies opportunities, and arranges coaching for GPAT.
- Enhances the technical knowledge of the students by arranging value-added courses according to the industrial requirements.
To improve the students’ skills, the following training modules have been devised:
- Aptitude Training
- Logical Reasoning
- Communication Skills
- Personal Grooming
- Time Management
- Presentation Skills
- Inter and Intra-personal Skills
- Team Building
- Group Discussion
- Planning & Goal Setti